Monday 20 July 2020

Butterfly Weekend

Yes I had a fun weekend playing with many butterfly stamps and dies and these are a couple of the cards I created inspired by the theme in this month's Twofer Card Challenge.







I must say, I had a lot of inky fun making these cards.  I used a Memory Box Fantasy Butterfly Frame Die on both my cards. 


This card was going to be a shaker, but after I attached the acetate, I realised the border was too small tor it to be a shaker.  I made the background by smooshing with watered down Nuvo Shimmer Powder. 
I  die-cut and embossed the butterfly frame.  It adds more definition.  The sentiment and butterfly dies are from Simon Says Stamp. 

This time I sponged the edges of the frame with Distress Ink and Gold Ink, I stamped a dotty background with the gold ink and an old Kaisercraft Stamp.  I coloured the butterflies with Zigs, Nuvo Shimmer and Gold Ink. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.  To finish I added a few pearls for a touch of bling:)

I'm sharing my cards at the following:-


Apple Blossom + Butterfly


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)











8 comments:

  1. Love this butterfly frame and those gorgeous die cut butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all-over dies that make a card gorgeous with very little effort and this butterfly one is just amazing! Love your coloring on both, Jenny, and I'm glad to see you having a butterfly marathon! Thank you so much for playing again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two pretty cards, and your colors are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An exquisite pair of cards Jenny - love that frame, and the two different ways you have used it are inspiring, your backgrounds are gorgeous too.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous die cut butterfly frame and I like how you cut it and also embossed it. Both cards are beautiful and stunning Jenny x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty, summery cards, Jenny! Our butterflies are enjoying all the flowers around here right now, and I never fail to smile at the sight of them. Your cards have me smiling, too! That frame is gorgeous, and I love that you've left one white, and inked blended the other. And the butterflies on the panels of your cards are delightful, as well. So very pretty! Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards with that butterfly frame, Jenny! Love the colours of your smooshed powders. Your second card has a vintage feel with the sponged frame looking like lace. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards and i must get my hands on this butterfly frame. love it to bits. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete