Sunday 18 October 2020

Dry Embossing with Co-ordinating Die & Christmas Sweater

 Happy Sunday. We had some good news today, We are now allowed to travel up to 25kms from home instead of only 5kms! That means I can do click & collect and stock up on all my basic craft supplies:) You can see where my priorities lie lol!!! It may still be a couple of months before we can get to our beach house. Hopefully by Christmas.


So on to my cards. Firstly,  a case card inspired by the prompt at CASology...




The first step was to die-cut the white panel. Then I used the co-ordinating die to emboss the outline of the blossom branch.
Next I stamped the image with Delicata Gold Ink and coloured Zig Markers and Twinkling H2Os.
The sentiment was stamped with the gold ink and Distress ink. 
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Happy Everything; Papertrey Ink Don't Forget to Write
I'm sharing at the following challenges:-


My next card was inspired by the theme at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown...

I used stencils to make a knit background, which I then die-cut with the sweater die. I cut it a second time to get the white detail bits. 
Dies: Kaisercraft Sweater; Stamplorations Frame die
StampL: Kaisaercraft
Embossing Folder: (unknown)

I'm sharing at the following challenges:-





 Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)
                                                              


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea to stencil the knitted design on this fun sweater, Jenny! Love the delicate die embossed flower on the first card! I'm glad things are easing up for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I popped over to see yours and I love the way you used the die to emboss the sprig before stamping and coloring. Great idea for dimension and accenting the image. I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are really CAS lovlies. Your thank you card is so elegant. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to click and collect Jenny and Yay to craft goodies....enjoy!
    Your first dry embossed card is absolutely beautiful and so vey pretty.
    The Christmas card is fun and so textural and I like how you inlaid those small white fall outs. Both cards are fabulous Jenny x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards. I love the elegance of your CASology card-adore the gold and such soft colouring. Wonderful to see you at CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet sweater and beautiful design!
    Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweater - it looks very warm and cheerful.
    Thanks for playing along with our theme challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge.
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoop whoop for getting back to craft shopping! Loving your gorgeous flower and that sweater is adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete