Sunday 25 September 2022

ALTENEW PAIR-A-FLOWER: WATERCOLOR EDITION CONTEST (ENTRY #3)

 Happy Sunday! I have one last card to share for the Altenew Pair-A-Flower: Watercolor Edition Contest. Our Neighbours have the most amazing Magnolia tree which I admire every year. Unfortunately they're away and I didn't want to help myself without asking, but I managed to obtain a less impressive bloom for the photo.


I saw a picture on Pinterest of a Magnolia with a Hummingbird, (see below) so I have based my design on this photo. 
I masked the edges of the water-color panel and painted a wash with lovely Spring colours. On a separate piece of paper I stamped the flowers, heat embossed in white and hand sketched the branches. They were then coloured with Altenew 24 Artist Water-color Paints. The Hummingbird was embossed with Silver Pearl and coloured with Altenew Metallic Water-color 
paints. 
Stamps: Altenew Magnolias For Her, Dazzling Dahlias


Just to remind you, in this Altenew contest you need to create a project with any Altenew floral design andWATERCOLORING MEDIUMS. Pair it with the same flower in real life or a similar floral design and photograph the two side-by-side.




Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

PS: Any typos are due to my dog having jumped up on my lap for a tummy rub and resting his head on the keyboard 🫠


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jenny - I too love magnolias, and paired with the humming bird, makes this exquisite! Your background wash is gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metallic paints are the perfect way to capture a hummingbird's jeweltone colors, Jenny! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete