Tuesday 23 May 2023

Brights & Pastels

 Hi there Crafty Friends! It's been a bit quiet on the card-making front of late as I've had visits from an old friend and my Daughter, so I've been out and about enjoying Autumn.

Today I managed to make a couple of cards for my fave challenges. 

I'm a bit obsessed with Altenew's Hill Blossom Stencil & die set. I decided these colours would pop with a black background and broke it up with the white layers. I've also used the Hummingbird from Altenew Dazzling Dahlias and a sentiment from Label Love. 


 ******************************************
I've used softer colours for my next card, to fit the theme at The Flower Challenge..

The images were coloured with watered down Nuvo Shimmer Powder and I splattered a bit of ink on the 
de-bossed card front.
Stamps: Altenew Botanical Illustrations, Dazzling Dahlias
Embossing Folder: Altenew Intricate Tiles


I'm also sharing my card at the following:-

Happy Birthday to Brenda and Team


 Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                














9 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you at our 14th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in, but don't forget to mention and link to us in your post so your in the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. It was late at night and I* must have forgotten to update. All good now:)

      Delete
  2. Two fantastic cards today. I love the background and gold embossing on your second card, but the first one comes tops for me today. such stunning colours and amazing contrast. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, Jenny. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your second card. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Jenny - love the vibrant yellows/oranges against the black, and the gold and pastels are beautiful together over the debossed background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Jenny!! I LOVE the bright and bold colours of your first card. They really pop off the black background ... such amazing contrast! Your soft coloured flowers are so pretty and perfect for the pastel challenge. Beautiful texture with your debossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards. The little humingbird is a great addition. Thanks for taking part in Allsorts 14th birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny your chosen pastels are gorgeous for these Dahlias! and I love the fabulous embossing on your base - reminds me of the tin ceiling at an old candy store I might have frequented - shh don't tell!
    Thanks for joining us again at The Flower Challenge!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us in celebrating Allsorts 14th Birthday!! Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete