Wednesday 23 May 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge -ric#12 - Tsumori Chisato





















I've been thinking about what to do all week for the Runway Inspired  challenge -isn't it the most beautiful floaty dress, so subtle, yet colourful. Love it!
My first reaction was to use butterflies, but since that had already been done superbly by most other entries, I tried to come up with my own original idea. I was thinking graphic, but I'm not very good at that, then I thought about Japanese cranes, which I wasn't sure how to do. Then I decided to go with these Kaisercraft bird stamps because it reminded me of cranes taking off.
First of all, I cut a piece of canvas and lightly washed it with distress ink. then I stamped Hero Arts Japanese script in Antique Linen (this is probably too subtle to see in the photo). Then I stamped the birdcage image and clear embossed. Next I stamped the birds and leaves using Perfect pearls to make them shimmer and pop. I then sponged the canvas with distress inks and sewed a (very uneven) border, mounted it on Card and then to the base card, which is a gorgeous Coredinations whitewash. Then I added the pearls, ribbon and sentiment, which is from My Favourite Things.
I'm not sure how will the shimmer will show in the photo, but it is very pretty IRL.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great take on the picture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of the canvas on your card..lovely! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete