Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day 2 Penny Black Stamp/Die Collabo with Jill Foster

Oh my goodness - did you see the card Jill made yesterday - a complete knockout!

Today we are hi-lighting another gorgeous stamp set - Lace Trims.


I am so in love with this set, I seem to use it nearly every day - I just know I'll never get sick of it, because lace patterns are classical.

Here is my first card...
As you can see, in this example, the lace pattern is subtle. I have used PanPastels on the card and then stamped the lace images with Brilliance ink. The hexagon window was die cut with one of the dies from the Penny Black Tagged set, as is the butterfly. The sentiment is from the Penny Black Sentimental stamp set.

My next card uses similar colours, but I have made the lace image more of a feature by stamping and embossing with white - I think it tones down the brightness...


This time I have used distress inks to sponge the background. The Butterfly die is from  Penny Black Flutters die set.
The colour scheme I've used in these cards is from one of the colour challenges at Penny Black
(You don't have to make a Christmas card)

ETA I'm entering these cards in the Moxie Fab World Colour Media Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. These are such lovely unique designs Jenny, love the different ideas with this delicate stamp. You showcased it beautifully on both your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love your card ..lace stamp set you have are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - these cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the Lace Trim set - if your cards weren't so beautiful I'd have to tell you off for enabling!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done beautiful things with that lace set!! And the dies!! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards again, Jenny! I especially love the white embossing - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautifully vibrant and incorporate the inspiration colors so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the orange ombre, lacy background. Very nice! Also like the white embossed lace on the nice variety of colors on the second card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete