Thursday 12 September 2013

Muse Card Challenge

What a day! Sorry, just saying! It started with the school drop off drive being like a dodgem car ride (amazing how a little bit of rain can make people go crazy!). Then I got a call from my 87 yo Mum to say my Dad had cracked it (do you Americans know that expression?) with his nurse at Rehab hospital and refused to let her back in the room. Calmed Mum down, sorted the hospital situation, then went to visit my 92 yo Uncle in Nursing Home and spent 1/2 an hour explaining that there was no-one else in the dining room yet because it was only 11am and lunch was at 12pm. Next I went to visit my brother who has just finished chemo and got all clear last week, but then got a chest infection with high temp and elevated heart rate!

So I'm home again now and needed a bit of card making therapy - here is my 1st card. It is for the Muse Card Challenge - this weeks Muse is Therese Calvird.




















Here is my take...



13 comments:

  1. Card making is my therapy too ... love the pop of red from your tiny heart ... wishing you a more peaceful day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day!!! LOVE this, would be perfect for Addicted to CAS Home Challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day indeed! Love the little red heart in the big globe. - perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm exhausted just reading about your day, glad to see that you had time to make this fabulous card among all that (maybe tomorrow will be better lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Jenny - I meant CAS on Sunday Welcome Home Challenge http://cleanandsimpleonsunday.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew - that's definitely a day! You deserve a rest (hope you actually get one!) Love your graphic take on this week's Muse - thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny, what a tough day - we just got word a spot has opened for my mum in a care home and I am crafting instead of tackling my "to do" list. Your card is wonderful - love the different perspective on the globe (for us North Americans at least LOL) and the perfect pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous card Jenny:) I hope you are taking it easy and feel better soon - crafting is always good therapy:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning ... bold and strong and I love the pop of red in the heart. Hope your days have been easier since Thursday! Anita (in France) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful CAS card!!! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete