Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 4 of Same Stamp/Die Collabo with Jill Foster

Wow,  did you see Jill's card yesterday?  I love the bold colours and patterns, contrasting with the white  die-cut Iris - beautiful!

Today we are hilighting another die - the fun Flutters set, which includes 2 butterflies and a dragonfly, which you may have noticed on quite a few of my cards recently!


Here is my 1st  card for today...



I began by stamping a background text stamp on a piece of watercolour paper, then stamped Penny Black's Blissful using Antique Linen Distress Ink and clear embossed. I coloured the image with Twinkling H2Os. I coloured the ribbon with distress ink to match. I cut a piece of watercolour paper and coloured the edges with the blue to match and matted it behind the image.
Finally, I diecut the dragonflies and painted them with H2os - I really love the shine this medium gives.

Now for my next card you might need the same sunglasses you wore yesterday for Jill's card!
I have never made a card with these colours before! These are the colours Australia wears at the Olympic Games.


As you can see, I went artsy this time. I stamped the image from Penny Black Round and Round repeatedly on watercolour paper and then white embossed. Then I used distress inks by sponging and spraying and also using the ink on an acrylic block - spritzing and pressing the block to the paper.
When it was dry I added the sentiment from Penny Black's Sentimental stamp set.
The Flutters diecuts were sponged and stamped with another stamp from the Round and Round stamp set. I finished off by adding seam binding, flower and pearls.
I'm entering both these cards in the Moxie Fab World Colour Media Challenge.

Thanks for looking, now pop over to Jill's blog to see what she has created.

8 comments:

  1. Two more gorgeous cards, Jenny! Love the soft tones on the first card, and also the vibrancy of the second card - very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful cards! It's amazing to see the difference in what you and Jill create...completely different yet totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful cards! It's amazing to see the difference in what you and Jill create...completely different yet totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards! It's amazing to see the difference in what you and Jill create...completely different yet totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a great job with your and Jill's collabo. Absolutely loving the pink and gold card...Gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've totally outdone yourself!! I love both of these samples so much. The first is so feminine and elegant and the second so bright, fun and artsy! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Jenny, love the delicate elegance on your first card and the second is so bold and artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you made a lot of cards!! I have been in a rut lately, the mojo struggling so I am jealous of this post. My favorite is the dragonfly one. I like the colors :)

    ReplyDelete