Wednesday 28 August 2019

Another One Layer Stencil Card

I've been quite inspired to use stencils on my cards lately, and enjoy the challenge of trying to create depth, whilst making a CAS card.


I stamped the fish and made a mask for it. Then I lightly sponged Distress Ink over a third of the card. With the mask still in place, I stencilled the waves using DI Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers. 
I then realised I'd used a card that didn't work with Copics or react well to any moisture, so I used Zig Markers, blending on the craft sheet. I very rarely use the neon colour, but thought it would add a 'pop'.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment and bubbles.

STAMPS: Dina Wakely Scribbly Fish; Winnie & Walter 'Big Bang Confetti'
STENCIL: Kaisercraft, but may be expired
















6 comments:

  1. Fabulous watery card Jenny - love the layered stencilling and the cute fish in the bright colours.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ll that worked out really well, fabulous stencil. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just spotted it at HLS CAS, thanks for playing there too.

      Delete
  3. Very fun! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards too!!

      Delete
  4. Great CAS card, lovely masking and the complementary colours look fab. Sorry for the late visit and thanks so much for sharing at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete