Thursday 23 April 2020

Lest we Forget

I decided I should make a couple of Poppy themed cards, because it's close to *Anzac Day. Then I saw that Fusion Card challenge had a challenge theme just perfect for this project.



I have used Penny Black  Poppy Edger die (51-507), which was coloured with Zigs and Brushos.
The background stamp is a very oldie, also from Penny Black. It was heat embossed with white powder and then painted with Gold Dust H2Os. I swiped Distress Stain on the edge of the embossed panel. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft and the buttefrly die is my fave from Penny Black. 


This is a gorgeous background stamp from Hero Arts. I used Zig Markers and Distress Inks to colour the stamp, spritzed and stamped. I added the colour to the Poppies on the page. The die cut sentiment is from Simon Says. I added some black enamel accents to the centre of the poppies.

 Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served". Wikipedia

I'm sharing my cards at the following challenges:-




Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)




5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful poppy cards, Jenny! Gorgeous backgrounds to go with the beautiful poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Anzac cards Jenny - I particularly like the first one with the rather vintage vibe to it.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pair of poppy cards are so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous poppy cards, Jenny! I love how you added dimension to the first card and your coloring on both is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous poppy cards Jenny! I love the bold colours of both ... red and yellow look amazing together. xx

    ReplyDelete