Wednesday 15 April 2020

Umbrella Twofer

Hi there! I couldn't find any umbrella stamps in my stash, but luckily I found some stamped images from a Craft Retreat!



I often have to have several attempts before I'm happy with my colouring/stamping etc, but I din't have any spare images, so I've had to make do.


I decided a shaker card would be fun with this image. I coloured with Zig Markers and added sequins and beads in the shaker. The stamps are from Clearly Besotted 'Water Play'.


I hope you can see the subtle stencilled clouds in the background. This was the start for my card, because I found the stencilled panel in my UFO box. I then stamped Penny Black 'Skyline' and the sentiment which is from CASual Friday Stamps. The hippos were again coloured with Zigs.


I'm sharing my cards at the following challenges:-



Something OldSomething NewSomething BorrowedSomething Blue. 
(borrowed Hippo stamp)


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)



18 comments:

  1. What wonderful hippo cards Jenny - loving the two completely different looks from the same image
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hippos are colored perfectly, Jenny, and I love their bright umbrellas! Both of these cards make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Such fun scenes with the hippos!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These hippos are so cute and I love the "hang in there" sentiment. Your shaker card is cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! These are just so super cute! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring turned out great, Jenny, and how fortuitous to find the images in your UFO box! Both designs are terrific! I love the shaker card with the hippo splashing in the puddle to emphasize the sediment! And your second design is perfect for these times. Love the light clouds in the background, the cityscape with the black border, and the hippo's two pals!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #26! Take care and be safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a fun image and bright and happy card, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this time round.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creations, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards made me smile and what great use of the stash. The shaker card is adorable and I like the vibrancy of the second one. Fabulous cards, both of them x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and cute cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge,
    welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. What darling cards - those hippos are so cute with their umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little hippos are absolutely darling, Jenny. Thanks for sharing the shaker edition with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh ... these cards are ADORABLE, Jenny! I LOVE them. Fantastic designs for Twofer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now why can't I ever find such great images in my UFO pile? So great for you to find your umbrella images. Love the shaker idea for the hippo with an umbrella. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Twofer cards! I had to come by for a better look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two adorable card. I like the lovely bright colours and great designs

    ReplyDelete