Thursday 6 July 2023

TIME OUT CHALLENGE #242

 Hi there Crafty Friends. It's time for another  Time Out Challenge. This week we want you to be Inspired by Words.. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ~ Albert Einstein

Being a big reader, I love this quote. I need to explain my card.  In Australia we have a bird called the SUPERB FAIRY WREN and it has a lovely big tail feather - get it?  I also discovered a fairy tale by the Grimm Brothers called The Willow-Wren and the BEAR. Finally, the script on the the stamp says 'Tales of the Little Wren'. 

I began by randomly sponging ink, stencilling and partially stamping on the blank card. 
When dry, I stamped the Wren stamp in black and clear embossed. I didn't need to add splatter, because the stamp did it for me:)


Here are the products I used from our wonderful sponsor AALL & Creates - StampsA6 #839 & A7 #631and Stencil #39



The winner of our challenge will win a $20 credit from our generous sponsor - AAL & CREATE and will also have the chance to be Guest Designer in a future challenge.

 We have our former Teamie, Kim Heggins of  Cupcakes, Cards and Kim joining us as Guest Designer. You can see Kim's amazing card and more inspiration from our fabulous DT at the TIME OUT CHALLENGES blog. I hope you have the opportunity to join in our challenge.


                               Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                








9 comments:

  1. Love the way you layered this up! Very cool~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative, Jenny! I love the mixed media/artsy look of your card. All the stamping looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully artistic card Jenny! Love the stenciled background and then the tone-on-tone stamping of the flowers. Gorgeous wren image and perfect sentiment. Amazing work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny this is fabulous - loving that bird stamp, and all the research you did to embrace the fairy tale theme in your card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have combined these sets beautifully to create this most perfect card to go with our quote. Love the inks and the black wren imge against those wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty background for this pert wren, Jenny! We have Carolina Wrens here and I love their perky tails that stick up in the air. They're a pretty chestnut color too and have a lot to say to us! Very noisy, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Jenny!! Love the beautiful background for this little birdie. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would make a wonderful book cover, Jenny. A way to think outside the box and include the fairy wren.

    ReplyDelete