Thursday 12 March 2015

From Places Abroad : Altenew

Today I would like to share a card I made for the Altenew March Challenge.  They have given us 3 photos of beautiful artwork from abroad and I have taken my inspiration from the second photo for this card.

I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a decent photo - the paper I have used is a pearlised/marble and so I was trying to capture the shimmer and texture without reflection.  I stamped the persian motifs and embossed with silver powder. I used Faded Jeans distress ink and Liquitex Acrylic irredecent gold ink to watercolour the images. The background paper was coloured with the matching distress ink.



I will also enter this in the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it challenge Anything Goes (stamping) and the Monday Simon Challenge 'B is for ...' (Blue).


7 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, you have captured the inspiration so perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration photo, Jenny! (Anything shiny is so hard to photograph!). Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness this is beyond lovely!! It looks just like a stained glass window. And aren't cameras just the worst when it comes to taking pictures of shiny things!? Thanks for the bloggy follow! I've returned the favor. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the photo .... Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card! The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spotted your card and it is so beautiful, having been to that mosque, it's a great take on the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, Jenny! Love the blue and gold theme. Thank you so much for joining the Altenew March challenge!

    ReplyDelete