Sunday 15 March 2015

Tulips for Mum


I was having a little play with the Silhouette today and decided to make this shaped card for my Mum.




I was inspired by the picture in the Card Concept Challenge, but went with the bright blooms. I dry embossed a pattern on the vase and added the ribbon and lace. The tulips are made from Kaiserfcraft dp and the leaves have been coloured with Lime Color Shine, distress inks and colour pencil.
I was also inspired by the blooms in the Fusion Card Challenge.
I decided I would mount the card on a canvas and give it to Mum, who is still in hospital. I hope it is still ok for these challenges, because technically it is a card.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! Love your embossed vase with the bright tulips- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the texture..such a beautiful card! The tulips are so bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to mount your card on a canvas! I'm sure you mom would LOVE looking at your darling card all year long : ) The dry embossed design is a great idea for a mug. Thanks again for joining the Fusion Challenge, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete