Sunday 22 March 2015

Inspired by Tim

Hi there. I have a quick post to share a tag inspired by the Tim Holtz's March tag.

I'm staying with my Mum for a few days. She's been in hospital for a few weeks and we're hoping she'll be able to settle back in to home with some extra care.  Anyway, I only had a few supplies with me, including the Stampers Anonymous Perspective set - so I decided to play along with the things I had.


I didn't have any distress paints with me, but I had distress markers, so I went with a more watercolour look. Instead of using a stencil and embossing paste, I used a stamp and gold embossed. I didn't have any ephemera, so my tag is more CAS, but I did find some string in Mum's kitchen, so I added a bow! I am in love with this stamp set, especially the butterfly! A girl can never have too many butterfly stamps!!!

So I'll enter this in the 12 Tags of 2015 {March}, even though it's not following the technique exactly - I have another go when I get home. 

I'm also entering the Simon Monday Challenge - Lions and Lambs (creatures) and the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it challenge {Anything Goes} and the Simon Wednesday Spring Pinspiration Challenge (I was inspired by the colours).

ETA: I just noticed that the delightful Darnell has another NBUS (never before used schtuff)
challenge - yippee! It just so happens this stamp set is a NBUS, so this is my first entry for the challenge.





16 comments:

  1. SOOO yummy and springy and gorgeous (and all the other good adjectives!) Love the bright watercolored background. Sending you lots of hugs and hope your momma feels up to snuff soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the butterfly tag!!! It's really beautiful and colourful, it made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful interpretation of Tim's tag! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this design Jenny. The butterfly is so beautiful, especially on that gorgeous, watercoloured background. And the gold embossing looks awesome. Hope your mum is settled back home well. I'm sure she's happy to have you there to help. Take care. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful stamp set ~ your card is gorgeous and I love the watercolored tag, it's a lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For someone not having all of their craft items with them...You sure did yourself proud. This is just lovely and so well made.
    Hope your mum is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Jenny! I love the details on that butterfly! You did well with limited supplies! Hope your Mum is getting better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on Tim's tag ..... I love the pastel shades for the background, really makes the butterfly 'pop'! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOVely tag - gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous tag - the background is stunning. Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I'm sending best wishes that your mom will be able to be at home. Aging with ill health is a challenge for everyone involved. I'm delighted that you were able to make such a bright and cheery and colorful Tim Tag while at your mom's with limited supplies. You know how much I love CAS, so I happen to think your tag is utterly perfect just the way it is! You have brilliantly showcased Tim's stamp set and that's what counts! And it's deep, too, with the printed text behind the meaningful sediment! I'm loving it! Thank you so much for your kind words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful butterfly tag card, Jenny! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spotted that gorgeous butterfly over in Darnell's NBUS challenge and it's really gorgeous now that I've had a closer look! Fabulous tag, and best wishes to you and your mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so beautiful. Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete