Friday 23 March 2018

First Attempt with Prismacolor Pencils

I have had this Altenew stamp set sitting on my desk for a few weeks and haven't been sure where to begin, but when I saw the AAA Challenge theme, I knew this was a good stamp set to use.

I managed to get a set of Prismacolor pencils on special a few months ago and this is the first time I've used them.
I'm not so sure about my colour choices, but it was a bit of an experiment. Just after I bought the pencils, I noticed that everyone was raving about Faber Castell Polycromo pencils being way better - oh well! Anyhow, I can see it will take a lot of practice to learn how to blend and I'm not sure if it's going to be even harder than Copics, but it's fun trying, I can definitely see one plus and that is that it doesn't show on the back of the card so it's easier to do one layer with pencils.

The stamp set is Altenew 'Garden Grow'.

I'm entering the following challenges:-











7 comments:

  1. what acute scene you've created there. lovely coloring. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little scene, super card. Thanks for playing along with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, This is such an adorable card. love your coloring with the Prismacolor Pencils. The cute lil birdie is such lovely.
    Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Cards Challenge. hugs - Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Jenny - both brands of pencils have their advantages - and I like aspects of both, but the Prismacolours I do find break more easily than the PolyChromos.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the pencils, Jenny. Would never know this was your first try. You've create an adorable scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous scene - this card would be perfect for a gardener. Your colouring is superbe! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete