Tuesday 11 April 2023

Colour Brief - Kraft & Peach (and white)

 Hi there Crafty Friends.  I was inspired to play along with Color Hues Challenge, because I felt it really was a challenge to get this combination just right. I decided to avoid black to make the card softer. I tried several versions and this was my favourite result...

I haven't used this stamp for ages! I stamped the image 3 times - Antique Linen and brown sugar embossing powder on white, white on Kraft card and White on patterned (peach) paper. I did a bit of fussy cutting and layered the 3 stamped images on a Kraft card base. To finish I stamped the sentiment and splattered some peach Gouache. 
Stamps: Concord & 9th Hello Lovely; Altenew Sentiment



Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)



7 comments:

  1. You certainly got a wonderful balance in the colours Jenny - this card is beautiful, and I love the layering - subtle but a stunning result.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of white for the outline was the perfect choice, I agree black would have been too stark a contrast. This is such a pretty interpretation of the Color Hues colours, TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jennie! I like that the flower is taking center stage amongst the foliage. I like the softness and the splatters too. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever use of layers with the one stamp. The end result is gorgeous. Love the soft feel to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, Jenny, and just as soft as you hoped it would be. I love the layered look of the florals and background. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do beautiful things with this stamp, Jenny! Another beauty in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is a stunning design! The multiple layers all complimenting each other with each design element, it's so very lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete