Wednesday 26 April 2023

THE CARD CONCEPT #194 Spring Banquet

 It's time for another challenge at The Card concept. The theme is Spring Banquet and I'm sure the beautiful  photo will spark your creativity, or if not, you can make a card using the colours or just whatever the theme means  to you.

As you can see, I was inspired by the picture and the colours to make a fairly CAS Mixed Media Card. 

I masked off the edges and the centre strip of a white panel and stamped background in white ink and when dry, I sponged the coloured ink.  Then I stamped the nest and sentiment. 
From memory, I think the background stamp is from Prima, but it is in my mixed media box at my other house. (I must remember to record the detail when I make cards!!!).
The nest stamp is from Wplus9 and the sentiment from Hero Arts. 
The dies are oldies from a Papertrey Ink kit. 


Remember, an inspiration photo is exactly that- a starting point for inspiration. Will it be the colours, the overall theme, the texture, the actual items and/or something else that will inspire your card? 


I hope you'll visit The Card Concept Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the team has created and will be inspired to play along in the challenge with us. 

Choose a design style (or combine styles), create a card, and in your blog post, let us know what inspired you from the photo, what style and/or styles you chose and don't forget to display our inspiration photo and link back to our challenge.


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                            



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jenny! Love the colors, background and bird's nest- perfect for our #194 Spring Bouquet Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Jenny- love your background and the nest is so stunning against it in black and white
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful mixed media background, Jenny! Love the pop of the black stamped nest!

    ReplyDelete