Saturday 10 February 2018

Butterflies and Hearts

I am very excited today, because I'm going to my Niece's wedding. She is also my God Daughter and is beautiful inside and out, just like the sentiment on the card I made a few days ago.

So this is a quick post to share I card I made for a few challenges.

I stamped the butterflies on a piece of Canvas Card and then coloured with Zig Markers. 
I blended with a slightly wet brush and spritzed. It's best to use a heat gun to dry this as this medium will not soak in very well. Be careful as too much heat can damage the card. I used white gel pen for the highlights. Then sentiment was stamped with Versafine Black ink and clear embossed. I then die cut the heart and mounted with dimension tape.

I'm entering the following challenges:-




Anything goes + stamping



11 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Loving the design and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love the butterflies inside the heart shape. The white dots on the butterfly wings add interest. Thank you for playing along with us at CASology this week. Hugs- bharati

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, stunning card, love all your masking to create the masked butterfly effect. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colours, Jenny! Love your watercoloured canvas heart. The butterflies are gorgeous ... great detail with the white highlights. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bold colors and butterfly heart design, Jenny. I love your choice of sentiment..so perfect with your butterflies. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a stunning card Jenny - love the rich jewel tones and the effect of the white as high lights.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful colors on your lovely canvas heart Jenny - thanks for sharing with us at the CAS Mix Up - and I hope you had a lovely time at the wedding of your niece! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Jenny! I love the rich colors of the butterflies with the deep color in the background! It works perfectly for the die cut heart and the sentiment is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up and CAS Waterclour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous rich colours - love them! And I love the way you set the butterflies into the heart. Great sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning .... the colours are so striking against the white card. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge and the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. #12 Hi Jenny, Your mixed media CAS card is stunning. I particularly love the dotted effect of white gel pen. Thanks so much for sharing and good luck for your entry.
    Helen Liu (DT) https://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.tw/2018/02/life-is-good.html

    ReplyDelete