Wednesday 21 February 2018

True Love Shaker

Hi there. Usually I steer clear of Valentine cards and 'Love' cards.  We like to show our love in other ways in our household.  However, I seem to have accumulated lots of heart related products, so what's a girl to do!

This one is a watercolour and shaker card.
I used acrylic inks and water and a bit of smooshing to create the background. The stamps are from Papertrey Ink.


Whenever I make a shaker card, I think of my friend Jenny Dix of Jennifer D's Blog - she is the queen of shakers and encouraged me to keep on trying, when I was ready to give up on shakers.  Check out this amazing card Jenny made.

I was very tempted to add more to this card, but I'm trying to create more CAS cards and so I made myself stop! What do you think? Maybe a bit of black twine or ribbon?

I'm entering the following challenges:-






HAVE A HEART


9 comments:

  1. I Looooove your shaker card with the beautiful water coloured background. I'm sure glad you didn't give up. :) Your cards have been just STUNNING I have seen comming through FB and Instagram. Looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that watercoloured background of your shaker card Jenny! Perfect CAS design just the way it is. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and pretty watercoloured background for your heart shaker card, Jenny. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun shaker :) and I love your watercoloring! Thank you so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Die Cut” Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your CAS shaker card, your watercoloured background is perfect. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is perfect, Jenny! Shaker cards are a challenge but it looks like you've mastered it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shaker card - love the splash of colour in the background and the beautiful round and heart-shaped sequins! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous - the watercolour looks great behind the aperture. Well done for persisting with the shakers - I must admit I don't find them easy and often have bits escaping from them! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful shaker card Jenny. Beautiful watercoloured background.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete