Saturday 6 March 2021

52 Christmas Card Throwdown March Sketch

 Welcome! We're starting a new month of challenges at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and we have Goga hosting this month. She has designed a wonderful sketch which is sure to  inspire!

I had some experimental Alcohol Ink backgrounds sitting on my desk, so this was my starting point. 
Then I decided to use a stamp set I'd recently purchased and this was the result.
The Alcohol Inks were also new to me.  They are pearlised and have a gorgeous ethereal look. 
The snowflakes were stamped on vellum paper and white embossed. I coloured the reverse side with Copic Markers and fussy-cut. To finish I mounted the banner and snowflakes on an embossed panel and blue card base, adding a touch of bling and a sentiment. 
The snowflake stamp set is from SSS.

You can see more wonderful cards from our Guest and the rest of the Design Team at our blog
I hope you'll be inspired to join us this week!  

                                     Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                          












7 comments:

  1. You did a great job with my sketch. I'm excited. Thanks Goga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, what a fantastic snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful snowflake and alcohol ink background, Jenny! Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love alcohol inks and yet they don't come out very often, must try and change that soon. Your card is wonderful. Great idea to heat emboss the star onto vellum as it enhances but doesn't detract from the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I think I've admired that snowflake stamp before!! I have alcohol inks that I haven't played with much - this is incentive to try them. What paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous layered snowflake Jenny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jenny - I love what you made from your alcohol inked background. Just beautiful. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete