Friday 19 July 2013

Summer Card Camp Week 2 Day3 - Christmas in July

Hi there, can you believe we're in the middle of July? Yesterday we had the warmest July day ever recorded 23.3 degrees celcius (remember it's middle of winter in Australia)!

One of the challenges for our homework was to make a shaker card. I've never made one before, so I decided to give it a go, however I made a Christmas decoration instead of a card.
I was quite pleased with myself, because I used up lots of old things from my stash and the left
over mixed embossing powder from the ombre card.

I painted the grungeboard with gesso, embossed it and then used gelatos - I love the creamy effect and the mottled look of the embossing. The christmas tree is chipboard embossed with opals thiock embossing powder. This looks very homemade, unlike Kelly's masterpiece, but my daughter likes it so I'm sure it will be part of her holiday themed room at Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jenny! I'm so far behind in my homework this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!!! I love your embossing and the way you put the sentiment inside the shaker box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a summer heatwave, and it's not much hotter than your winter heatwave!! Love your Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAH! Love this! The frame is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete