Tuesday 3 September 2024

Christmas Kickstart Challenge - I'm an Elf!

 Hi There Crafty Friends! I'm very excited to be the Elf at Christmas Kickstart Challenge this month. The theme is 'EMBOSSING FOLDER FUN'.

I did have lots of fun trying the 'Black Out Technique', which was easier and less messy than I thought it would be! 

I embossed a piece of white card stock and then coloured the poinsettias with watercolour paint on the 
de-bossed side. When dry I swiped the black ink pad over the whole panel. 
I love how the veins of the bracts (petals/leaves?)  pick up the black and create so much depth!
EF: Altenew Poinsettia Clusters 3D
Hotfoil Plate: Pinkfresh Studio



Now I hope you'll visit Christmas Kickstart Challenge to see what Jo's created and then play along with us, after all, if my calculations are correct, you only have 112 days until Christmas! 

I’m also sharing my card at the following challenges:-


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)

                                                                


















8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being Jo's elf at Kickstart this month, Jenny! Love your embossed poinsettias!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You 'had me' at Poinsettias, Jenny! So fun to see you as the CK elf! Congratulations!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried this technique once - not as successfully as you, and I am not sure if i will try again... Your poinsettia is stunning, Jenny, and has resulted in a fabulous card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried this technique but your dramatic results convince me that I need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, thanks so much for being our elfin muse over at Christmas kickstart! Your card will inspire and delight our players in equal measure as it's a real beauty. Your colouring is amazing and I may just have to try this technique myself as I love the effect you've achieved. Hugs, and thanks again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow, this looks stunning! Absolutely love the idea with this technique and black bavground it's gorgeous. Congrats for being a very inspiring elf and thank you for joining our challenge at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me want to try this technique. Your explanation is perfect and your results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card using this fantastic technique Jenny! I love the drama from adding the black over top. Congrats on being GD at Christmas Kickstart! xx

    ReplyDelete