Tuesday 12 August 2014

A Camper Shaped Card

I'm back with a card for Virginia's View Challenge # 6 - shape Cards
!  You should see some of the amazing cards Virginia and her guests have made - totally amazing!

Well I could say I had fun making this and I sort of did, but it was more of a learning experience! I decided it was time to learn how to use my silhouette Portrait. So far I've only cut basic shapes and I haven't made any shape card or boxes, so this was my first attempt.

I chose a really cute Retro Camper cut file designed by Lori Whitlock - I would love to have a real one like this!



So the fun part was choosing the papers (which are from Authentique) and putting it together. The learning part is a bit technical, but you have to 'ungroup' all the shapes and move them around and as I said I'm a novice, so I think I might look for some tutorials.

6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Love that window and the banners too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, when can I come camping with you? This is totally AWESOME! I love the shape and how you decorated this camper. The door knob looks os fancy...The choice of pattern paper is superb and I love the addition of the banners! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge! Always a delight to see what you come up with, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply too cute!!!! LOVE your adorable card

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great shape card! I saw it on Virginia's View Challenge. The banner and the window curtains are sweet touches of fun and whimsey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete