Tuesday 19 August 2014

Stretch your Stamps 2 Homework

Hi there. I made a couple of cards this morning i, inspired by the Online Card Class - Stretch Your Stamps 2. I'm in the Botanticals at the moment.


I've been good this week, using some of my unfinished stuff.  This one was stamped and partly coloured months ago.    I decided to finish it off by adding some definition with inktense pencils and although it's hard to see, some script stamped in gold on the poppy.Then  I spritzed  it to make it bleed. The background was sponged with Simon Says ink and then I stamped the music and at bit more of the gold script.  The stamp is from Penny Black. I may add some bling and a sentiment when later.


I stamped the Clearly Besotted Rose With Hero Arts Unicorn ink and white embossed. It didn't work too well,  because the balsa wood is a bit 'furry'  so I touched it up with a white gel pen. I coloured the rose with Faber Castell pencils and Pan Pastels. I decided to emboss the wood instead of cut, because it is quite thick and I didn't want it to break.  Tip -  I've previously used sticky back paper stuck on the back of the balsa wood to make sure it doesn't split.
The DP is from Heidi Swapp.


I'm entering these cards in the Simon Monday Challenge which is Anything Goes this week.
ETA: I'm also entering the Poppy card in the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Summer theme

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards the Poppy one is my fav x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jenny! wow, these are both gorgeous...your watercoloring technique is amazing! So glad you linked up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful :) but I love the first one more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, gorgeous, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful cards. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete