Saturday 16 August 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge - Summer theme

Hi there. I have another card for the Mixed Media Card Challenge. The theme this month is Summer and I've been having so much fun getting messy! I feel like being on this design team has given me permission to explore my arty side!



The stamp is from Stamp It - I fell in love with it because it's so serene and will be great for masculine cards. The seagulls are stencilled from the negative of the seagulls I used in my last MMCC card. Yesterday I discovered that there are some new StazeOn inks and I've used Cloudy Sky to stamp the image and stencil the birds - I love this colour!
I also used a stencil and embossing paste on the sand to create some texture. For the watercolour, I have used a variety of media - Inktense pencils, Distress inks,  Twinkling H2Os, Gesso and PanPastels.  to finish off, I added a few shells,and burlap and then mounted it on the white matt and red base card.

You have until 25th August to join this challenge. 
Remember, a Mixed Media card can still be CAS,
as you will see by by popping over to the MMCC blog and 
checking out the cards by the rest of the team.

ETA: I'm also entering this in the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Summer theme



11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a beautiful card! Like a painting. I love the sky colour and the ripple of the sea. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully colored scene Jenny! LOVE the cute little shells - this is a great stamp - it looks like you could have just etched this with a pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scene is just GORGEOUS, Jenny! LOVE the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Jenny. Your use of so many color mediums totally worth it. As for the photo itself, I love that natural light focused on the birds, such cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I did have another photo without shadows, but I liked the light on the birds too!

      Delete
  5. Wow. This is amazing Jenny ... a true work of art and deserves to be framed!! Love it! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Loll said, this is amazing! It belongs in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely scene - love the shading in your sky! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Jenny! Love the colouring and nice touch with the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, Jenny, I had some catching up to do and REALLY enjoyed my backward scroll through your blog! You are really incredible with the watercolor and with your homework for the class! Thank you for all the inspiration! I can see that you are getting quite a stash built-up!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete