Sunday 17 August 2014

Third post in One Day!

I really must be quick this time, because my DS wants the computer!

This card is for the Simon Monday Challenge - Scratched Up Challenge and the Simon Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Summer.




I stamped the Penny Black Petal Power daisy multiple times using distress inks. Once dry, I then spritzed the image and painted the blue background, letting the colours bleed for a watercolour effect. Then I went over the image with inktense pencils for some hi-lights. I stitched the border and distressed the edges with a metal ruler and my thumb. To finish off, I mounted the water-colour paper on a kraft card base, stamped the greeting (Winnie & Walter) and added some sequins.



12 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful! I love the watercolour look and if I didn't know, I would say you'd stamped onto canvas ~ there's just so much wonderful texture! I love it and thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) ~Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty :) love the water colors n the subtle blue sky !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful watercolor sample! Love these "Black Eyed Susans".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Love the watercolorist look to this lovely card, and the way it climbs on one side. And then to top it off, you hit the 2 SSS challenges. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't keep up with your beautiful cards! Too many, one after the other! ;-) I LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love the sharp detail on the flower heads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful water coloring, Jenny, I am glad to see it coming back in the stamp world. You also have some other beautiful cards. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Jenny! what a gorgeous watercolor...luv the flowers...stunning! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Jenny, the colours are so sunny, love it!
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to let you know that we loved your project and we gave it a shout out on the Paper Crafter's Library Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/papercrafterslibrary

    ReplyDelete