Friday 1 August 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge # 2

Hello!  It's the start of another month, so that means we're beginning another challenge over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge. Did you play along last month? We had a wonderful response, with lots of amazing entries and by the looks of them, everyone definitely enjoys mixing up their media!

This month the theme is Summer. For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, you are probably basking in the sunshine and enjoying lots of relaxation, but for those of us, currently rugged up and shivering in the Southern Hemisphere, it's something to look forward too!




When I think of summer, I think of our beach house at Queenscliff, walking along the beach and looking in the rock-pools.


I have used various Distress inks, Heidi Swapp gold  colour shine,  Pearl-ex powder and kindy glitz to make the background. The 'surf' was made with gesso and white distress stain.  I used a stencil and distress ink to get some texture on the sand. The Sea star and shells were finds from my recent Queensland holiday. I sprayed some orange dye-na-flow ink and gold colour shine on the sea star. The Summer sentiment is from a new W&W stamp set The Big, the Bold and Seasons. The 'hello' was made with my new toy - MoTex label maker.

Thanks so much for visiting and don't forget to check out the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog to see what the rest of our talented team have created!


I am entering this card in the Simon Monday Challenge which is 'j for …' - in my case is is it is 'J for Jute', because burlap is made from Jute.
Also entering the Simon Wednesday Challenge which is Anything goes.






17 comments:

  1. what a wonderful frothy surf you created behind your fun seashells and star fish! Great colors on this - I can just smell the salty air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surf's Up! Fabulous blending of coloring products! Love your shells...what fun memories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCELLENT card - love the theme and your end result background -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card Jenny, I can feel I am sitting at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Jenny! Totally screams summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jenny!! Love the gorgeous colors you've used for the sea and sand ... ahhhh ... I can almost here the ocean breeze :) Fabulous embellishments! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just gorgeous! This card makes me smile and relax. I love the beach in Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! you've nailed the perfect beach card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, Jenny! I love how you've done the surf, and the starfish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, that surf looks so realistic I could almost feel the breeze, smell the ocean salt, and feel the sand and water on my feet! Super love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, that looks like a real beach!!!! I love it! Your seashells are gorgeous and the burlap is perfectly placed! Wonderful inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jenny, the colours and textures are wonderful, you've created a perfect scene.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card... you really have the surf there... great great GREAT!!!! Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfully creative & artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card, super created background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Jenny, this looks like the real deal! LOVE your starfish and shells and the water and that FAB surf!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can hear and smell the beach, a wonderful creation with lots of texture.
    geezercrafter

    ReplyDelete