Thursday 28 August 2014

Take 2 on the Runway

 Well, there's one thing you can say about Melbourne - the weather is never boring! We've had thick fog rolling in overnight for the last couple of days, so very chilly, foggy mornings leading to glorious sunny days! Spring is definitely in the air and I've been busy making Fall cards for a couple of Design teams lol! So this afternoon I thought I'd sneak in another card for the Runway Inspired challenge, because the inspiration reminds me of  Spring.



I had a 'playdate' yesterday at Lyndal's and used one of her Memory Box dies to cut this beautiful flower.
The die-cut has been coloured with 3 Copic marker RV21/25/27 and then inset back in the negative space. I added some Wink of Stella to the petals. The background was made with an old (and distressed) stamp - I think it's from Hero Arts. I don't mind the distressed look - adds more interest.
The sentiment is a sneak peak from a new Winnie & Walter Stamp set to be released next week.





5 comments:

  1. Looks FAB in reds & pinks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo, beautiful inlaid die cut and chevron background - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love how you combined the elegance of that lovely poppy with the fun and vibrant chevron background! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inlaid die cutting! Great card :) Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete