Wednesday 2 September 2020

CAS Mix Up Challenge (September)

Hello. A new month has begun, so that means it's time for a new CAS Mix Up Challenge.
It's a Mixed Media challenge this month. Joanna is our host and she wants us to 'Emboss with Stencils'.  Don't forget to include stamping on yoUr card, one other mm element and keep it CAS. 



I'm so in love with this Gingko Leaf die from IOS and I was delighted to discover a new way to use it, after watching an inspiring video by Therese Calvird. The embossing folder is from Kaisercraft.
I brushed distress inks over the Gingko Leaf , blending with the brush and Wink of Stella. I outlined the leaf with an Olive Green Fineliner.


We are so lucky to have the very talented Mac (The Sweetest of Peas) as our Guest Designer this month. You can see Mac's card and find more inspiration over on the CAS Mix Up Blog, along with some links to videos.

We hope You are inspired to join us this month!

I'm also sharing my card at the following:-



       Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)                       


14 comments:

  1. I love how that leaf is nestled into the embossed background, so clever. Lovely colour too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny for the friendly shout out x. Such a creative way to use the die to emboss with and so creative....I love it ! x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shimmery ginkgo leaf, Jenny! It's so pretty embedded in that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Love your embossed background for your die embossed Gorgeous Gingko leaf, Jenny. Elegant CAS design, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! LOVE how you've watercoloured and dry embossed your gingko leaf at the same time. It's beatuiful! The dark green outline really makes it pop off the patterned white background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Therese from Lost in Paper just amazing? You've done her honour. Loving the gingko outlining including all the white to this beauty, a very special card. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! This is gorgeous ! Love how you used this gingko leaf. I recently bought it and you inspired me with your beautiful card. Thanks ! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, is this double embossing using a die cut and an embossing folder. just looking for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something special about a Gingko leaf, it must be that distinctive shape. Here with that lovely wavy background it is outstanding! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks beautiful .... what a gorgeous die! I love how you've added it to the embossed background .... very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - your panel is beautiful with that gingko leaf in the center of your embossing Jenny- lovely coloring on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is really jaw-dropping piece of card! I really really love this card!! And the technique you did for the embossed background around the gingko leaf is so great! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the texture in your card, clean, elegant - Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the embossing surrounding the Gingko leaf Jenny and that you coloured it and added the shine from the Wink of Stella Brush. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete