Thursday 24 September 2020

Robot Mixed Media

Hi there. I noticed the theme at Simon Monday Challenge  is STEAMPUNK and thought I'd give it a try. It started out ok, but I just couldn't find enough products to pull it off. Anyway, this is my attempt.


I began by smooshing a piece of kraft card-stock on the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Crackling Campfire. I then used the same ink to stencil the 'Short Circuit' background.  When dry I stamped the gears and other elements. The robot was stamped on a piece of  distressed grey designer paper. I fussy cut the image and inked the edges with Black Soot DO.  I coloured the eyes with Zig Violet marker and added glossy accents on top. The panel was sponged with DO Seeded Grapes & Black Soot.

Stamps: Visible Image Robot Data, Creative Chaos; Deep Red Cogs & Gears
Stencil: Visible Image Short Circuit

I'm sharing at the following:-


stencil/Robots/gears/purple (edge & eyes)

Anything goes

        
   Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I love to read your comments:)    

                                                                


6 comments:

  1. Great card, love all of the details in the background, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun steampunk card Jenny x. I love the robot and your background looks fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jenny - maybe not the ultimate steampunk card, but still a great one
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and so much attention to detail. Thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a steampunk card, but this is darling! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.
    Blessings,
    Beth McCullough -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love all the gears, theories and that awesome background. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete